Ultra-wide 20 mm perspectives, superb resolution from F1.8:
- Two AA (advanced aspherical) elements in an innovative optical design minimize aberration for outstanding corner-to-corner resolution right from the lens’s widest F1.8 aperture.
Compact and lightweight for enhanced mobility and handling:
- A high level optical plan that incorporates two AA components is upheld by a refined mechanical framework in a G Lens that weighs simply 13.2 oz (373 g). Little size and light weight upgrade portability when utilized with conservative E-mount bodies, and make up an even framework that is ideal for use on gimbals or frill grasps. The FE 20 mm F1.8 G is an adaptable focal point for a wide assortment of still and film shooting circumstances.
Smooth, natural-looking bokeh:
- Notwithstanding exact control of round distortion—which has critical impact on bokeh quality—the FE 20 mm F1.8 G has a 9-cutting edge roundabout gap that adds to smooth, rich bokeh and regular looking features that are signs of the G Lens arrangement.
Realistically rendered point sources:
- Two AA (advanced aspherical) elements and three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements are employed to minimize sagittal flare so that point light sources are reproduced accurately and without color smearing.
Smooth operation and high reliability in a compact lens:
- A focus hold button, focus mode switch, aperture ring, and other controls are designed and positioned for easy operation and a smooth workflow. Alternative functions that support the user’s individual shooting needs can be assigned to the focus hold button via the camera body menu settings. The front lens element is fluorine-coated to repel water and grime, and the lens’ dust- and moisture-resistant design2 provides the reliability needed for outdoor use in challenging conditions.
Excellent close-up performance, even for selfies:
- Notwithstanding the way that 20 mm is an extraordinary central length for selfies, this focal point has a base centering distance of simply 0.63 ft (0.19 m) when utilized in AF mode, and a much closer 0.59 ft (0.18 m) least centering distance when zeroed in physically. It is a fantastic decision for gimbal/grasp mounting, regardless of whether shooting selfies or different subjects.
XD Linear Motors maximize AF speed, precision, and tracking:
- Two XD (eXtreme Dynamic) Linear Motors easily keep up with the high-speed capabilities of today’s most advanced camera bodies, taking advantage of their full autofocus speed, precision, and tracking potential to capture the most dynamic subjects. New control algorithms make it possible to drive the lens’s large focus group smoothly and without delays for responsive, silent, low-vibration autofocus.